Friday, June 10, 2011

Afternoon Tea, even in hot weather





For some, here in Louisiana, it is getting too hot for hot tea.

I can say never to that.

I always need my afternoon
pot of hot tea.

I can do without a morning pot, oddly enough.

But by afternoon, I demand one.
And it is even better if a friend stops by to drink with me.

There is something so soothing to me
in steeping fresh tea leaves,
and pouring it into just the right cup,
for the moment,
which I do change, as I have so many of them.

I am going to have Southern Lady today.
Mmmmm, (See under Pages -
Custom Specialty Blended Loose Teas)
proud to say it is one of my own blends
for us Southern Ladies.












8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Hoogly Holler too! Not sure if I'm spelling it correctly. I too crave tea in the afternoons but luckily we have a swamp cooler to keep things from getting too hot.

Joyce said...

Oh we do love our afternoon tea. Great minds think alike.....

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I always enjoy my tea, hot or cold weather, it doesn't matter.

Bernideen said...

Hope all is well with you!

Charlotte said...

I agree with you, it is never too hot for hot tea...or coffee.

Bernideen said...

I hope everything is ok as I see you haven't posted lately! Have a good summer!

Bernideen said...

We miss you in Blogland - hope you are doing well!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Marsha,
Thank you for stopping by for a visit. I enjoy a cup of tea anytime except first thing in the morning. I hope your new year is off to a wonderful start.

Blessings,
Sandi