Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tea Cup Thursday





















For today's Teacup Thursday I am going to feature

my Bone China"Red Toile" teacups.

I keep them in on this very special "Teacup and saucer rack" in my Formal Dining room which has become my working "Tea Room" of sorts. The rack is nice because it holds FOUR teacups and saucers nicely.





These little Teacups and Saucers are so CUTE that I thought that you would enjoy them since Valentine's Day was just this Monday.
They are made by "Royal Patrician"
and crafted in England.




It's a sweet little pattern.....
and I enjoy having them in the Red color for
holidays like Christmas and Valentines.






Doesn't the Red Toile print go really nicely with this Valentines display of old Vintage Candy Boxes. The boxes were mine and were given to me at various ages when I was a child by Mom, Dad, and others.
And now I make my special fudge and give it to my grown children in these vintage boxes. They know to return the boxes unharmed. (grin)

The really fancy, lacy, red one was a gift to me as a little girlby my grandmother.
I still treasure the box and think of my her when bringing it out every year.
Did you notice the metal Russell Stover's "ELVIS" Candy box? From my husband, also an Elivs admirer.









Just having a few pieces of special "Tea Cups" make excellent
vignettes and displays around the home.
There are so many ways to use Teacups and Saucers
besides just drinking out of them.

I always have fun decorating for the Holidays and
I love to use Teacups and Saucers and
other Tea elements when I decorate.
Thanks for stopping by today for a visit!








2 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, Marsha, your red toile teacups have me swooning! I do adore red toile and your teacups are simply gorgeous! Thanks for sharing them today.

Blessings,
Sandi

Joyce said...

I like this.....love those Tea Cups. I want some for holidays too.