Thursday, February 3, 2011

Teacups and Library Presentation

Since today is "Teacup Thursday"
I will give you a short and sweet posting.

We are expecting "extreme" weather today so I am bit distracted along with that and many other things today it seems.
So please bear with me!

Today I am showing you a sweet little teacup and saucer that isn't bone china...shame on me, but it is porcelain.
I JUST LOVE them.

When I owned my own Tea Business and Tea Room...I sold Teacups and Saucers of course,
along with other Tea items, accoutrements, floral arrangements, and various Teas.
These little Tea cups and Saucers I used to serve out of and I also sold them.

They really don't have a name that I can recall, but they were sold under the name of
"A Special Place."

Customers couldn't always afford "Bone China" when they wanted to purchase a Tea Cup and Saucer for themselves or for a gift....and I couldn't afford to supply my Tea table settings with all the real stuff either.
So I "mixed and matched" dishes like so many Tea Rooms do.

Here is another photo of how they looked when positioned on a little Tea Caddy.
Notice the Tea Pot..it didn't match the set exactly but I always was able to keep them some what similar. The one in the back is the same ideal...they matched, but they weren't the exact same pattern as the Tea Cups and Saucers.


Here is a front view of them hanging up on the little Tea Caddy....
People really like the Tea Caddy's as well. I have given them as gifts even as recent as this past Christmas and they make wonderful presents!
And now........a short update on the Library Tea Presentation that I was in charge of last Saturday.

Things went WONDERFULLY.......

Although I forgot my camera...only because I had a million things on my mind to make this "Traveling Tea" work out nicely for our local Library who had asked me to do this.

So I am awaiting photos to come to me from the lady that was in charge of this class. "Ms. Catherine" was THRILLED at what we did and took photos and is sending me hers.

Tricia, one of my Tea Sister's came along and gave the (verbal)
"Tea Presentation" and did beautifully!!
I was so proud of her for this and how well she did.

I did all the Tea "behind the scenes work"
......so this all worked out nicely!!

We had 15 women in attendance......and we were very please with how smoothly things were handled and how sweet the ladies all were.

I know that "A GOOD time was had by all"....including the "Worker Bees" who were very blessed to be able to do this!!
~More later my friends~
*Marsha*






6 comments:

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

Darling cups!
i luv coordinating vs matching ~
allows for creative expression!
also luv the rack - very cool ")thx for the photos ..

Bernideen said...

The company Tenderheart Treasures or THT has really gone through changes and it is so disapointing. I sold those little stands to and they discontinued so many wonderful things! Thanks for sharing your event!

samovar said...

i am a tea-swap friend of joyce and am a librarian, so naturally i loved your post!
thank you!
andrea

Carol said...

I'm really enjoying your blog. I appreciate your sharing. I'm new to tea blogs, but I'm having such a great time reading them all.
Your tea cups are so sweet and your library presentation sounds so fun. Your tea caddy is really darling.
Happy Valentines day!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a sweet teacup, Marsha! The little teacup caddy is adorable! I've been keeping my eye out for one but I never see any around here. I enjoyed your tea post very much. Have a delightful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Denise said...

Beautiful tea table with all the lovelies included.Enjoyed